Expensive winch stolen at Arlington
- Credit: Archant
Appeal for help after thieves take steam engine enthusiast’s winch straight off his van.
A traction engine enthusiast is hoping someone has information to help recover the large winch stolen from the front of his van at Arlington on Sunday night.
Thieves unbolted the £500 Superwinch and cut its cables before removing it from David Carder’s yellow Mercedes Sprinter van while it was parked outside his home overnight on March 10/11.
After he broke his back in an accident several years ago, Mr Carder needs the winch to manoeuvre his half size Garrett steam traction engine onto its trailer for transportation to steam fairs and rallies across the South West.
The winch is less than a year old and he is hoping if anyone is offered it for sale or has any information, they will contact the police.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help is asked to contact police by dialling 101 and quoting reference CI/13/232. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale