Expensive winch stolen at Arlington
- Credit: Archant
Appeal for help after thieves take steam engine enthusiast’s winch straight off his van.
A traction engine enthusiast is hoping someone has information to help recover the large winch stolen from the front of his van at Arlington on Sunday night.
Thieves unbolted the £500 Superwinch and cut its cables before removing it from David Carder’s yellow Mercedes Sprinter van while it was parked outside his home overnight on March 10/11.
After he broke his back in an accident several years ago, Mr Carder needs the winch to manoeuvre his half size Garrett steam traction engine onto its trailer for transportation to steam fairs and rallies across the South West.
The winch is less than a year old and he is hoping if anyone is offered it for sale or has any information, they will contact the police.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help is asked to contact police by dialling 101 and quoting reference CI/13/232. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned