Expansion of family business defies recession
A FAMILY run business in Barnstaple is expanding with a grand opening attended by the Mayor
FAMILY run business John Taylor Fasteners Ltd is celebrating its 24th year with the opening of a brand new premises.
While many businesses in Barnstaple have recently been struggling in the aftermath of the recession, John Taylor Fasteners is defying the odds by moving to a new 7,000sq ft premises on Riverside Road in Pottington Business Park.
The new premises opened for trade January 3 but is planning a grand opening on January 11 (Weds), with an appearance from the Mayor of Barnstaple, Ian Roome.
Managing Director Ian Taylor said: “This new exciting venture will allow us to realise our potential by offering our customers top quality service in all aspects of our business.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening event will provide a great opportunity for tradesmen to see demonstrations from leading manufacturers, pick up on special offers and discuss products, development and innovation.
A grand prize draw and a quality burger van will also add to the excitement of the event, with much more in store.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
The expansion of the business will result in a larger trade selection area, trade counter, bulk storage area and customer parking, as well as a higher level of business visibility within the area.
The business was established in 1988 and is a specialist supplier of fasteners and fixings.
The grand opening will take place from 8am – 3pm at the new premises.