Expansion of family business defies recession
A FAMILY run business in Barnstaple is expanding with a grand opening attended by the Mayor
FAMILY run business John Taylor Fasteners Ltd is celebrating its 24th year with the opening of a brand new premises.
While many businesses in Barnstaple have recently been struggling in the aftermath of the recession, John Taylor Fasteners is defying the odds by moving to a new 7,000sq ft premises on Riverside Road in Pottington Business Park.
The new premises opened for trade January 3 but is planning a grand opening on January 11 (Weds), with an appearance from the Mayor of Barnstaple, Ian Roome.
Managing Director Ian Taylor said: “This new exciting venture will allow us to realise our potential by offering our customers top quality service in all aspects of our business.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening event will provide a great opportunity for tradesmen to see demonstrations from leading manufacturers, pick up on special offers and discuss products, development and innovation.
A grand prize draw and a quality burger van will also add to the excitement of the event, with much more in store.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
The expansion of the business will result in a larger trade selection area, trade counter, bulk storage area and customer parking, as well as a higher level of business visibility within the area.
The business was established in 1988 and is a specialist supplier of fasteners and fixings.
The grand opening will take place from 8am – 3pm at the new premises.