Expansion for nursing home
A nursing home in North Devon is planning to expand its dementia care unit.
A NURSING home is hoping to extend its dementia care facilities this year with the addition of 16 more beds.
Hatchmoor Home, in Torrington, already has an over-subscribed dementia care facility and is looking to expand into the left wing of the building.
Matron Maggie Myers, said: “There is a great demand in the area for this sort of care and at the moment we can’t fulfil that. Our dementia unit is currently full but we are being asked all the time if there is room.”
It is hoped that the expansion will be completed by the end of the year, and will bring the total amount of beds in the home to 64.
Mrs Myers added: “The new area will also include a nurses’ station and hopefully a hair salon, which will be lovely for the residents.”
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls