Expansion for nursing home
A nursing home in North Devon is planning to expand its dementia care unit.
A NURSING home is hoping to extend its dementia care facilities this year with the addition of 16 more beds.
Hatchmoor Home, in Torrington, already has an over-subscribed dementia care facility and is looking to expand into the left wing of the building.
Matron Maggie Myers, said: “There is a great demand in the area for this sort of care and at the moment we can’t fulfil that. Our dementia unit is currently full but we are being asked all the time if there is room.”
It is hoped that the expansion will be completed by the end of the year, and will bring the total amount of beds in the home to 64.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Myers added: “The new area will also include a nurses’ station and hopefully a hair salon, which will be lovely for the residents.”
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton