Expansion for nursing home
A nursing home in North Devon is planning to expand its dementia care unit.
A NURSING home is hoping to extend its dementia care facilities this year with the addition of 16 more beds.
Hatchmoor Home, in Torrington, already has an over-subscribed dementia care facility and is looking to expand into the left wing of the building.
Matron Maggie Myers, said: “There is a great demand in the area for this sort of care and at the moment we can’t fulfil that. Our dementia unit is currently full but we are being asked all the time if there is room.”
It is hoped that the expansion will be completed by the end of the year, and will bring the total amount of beds in the home to 64.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Myers added: “The new area will also include a nurses’ station and hopefully a hair salon, which will be lovely for the residents.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's