Exmoor visitors wanted to share memories
- Credit: Archant
Lynmouth Pavilion project is seeking memories of holidays past and people who return year after year
Visitors who return to Exmoor year after year will be the focus of the Lynmouth Pavilion Project as it enters its third year.
The theme is The History of Tourism and throughout the year it will be looking at memories of holidays past on Exmoor.
An astonishing 85 per cent of visitors to Exmoor have returned annually – recently a member of the project team was talking to a visitor who has been visiting for 30 years, making two trips every year.
Honeymooners flocked to Exmoor during the 1950s, some returning every year to celebrate their anniversaries. One such couple are about to enjoy their 62nd annual visit to Lynton.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are appealing for accommodation providers who have such visitors, residents who were once visitors or anyone that has been coming here for a long time to get in touch.
Call 01598 751065, email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in to Lynmouth Pavilion.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park