Exmoor TV ad to boost tourism
Viewers will be urged to discover the hidden joys of Exmoor this month in new promotional video.
THE wonders of North Devon beauty spots will be beamed into homes across Britain this month in what is thought to be the first ever Exmoor television advert.
Commissioned by the Exmoor Tourism Partnership, the promotional advert has been produced by Adrian Holloway of Devon-based Singular Productions.
It will be aired on digital and Freeview channels including Yesterday, Blighty and the Food and Drink network. With audiences of up to 100,000 viewing each time, it is estimated that more than two million viewings will provide a boost to local tourism.
The production features several Exmoor beauty spots including the Valley of Rocks at Lynton and the famous Tarr Steps, as well as activities and attractions such as pony trekking, mountain biking and heritage railways plus local food and drink.
You may also want to watch:
It plays on the fact that, while loving our home area we can all sometimes take it for granted.
An actor playing a local character shares his views on Exmoor, interspersed with stunning shots of the landscape and the opportunities it offers, finishing with an invitation for viewers to discover Exmoor for themselves.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
“In the past TV advertising has only been available to larger destinations but with the increase in digital channels more flexible opportunities have become available,” said Dan James, sustainable economy officer at Exmoor National Park Authority.
“It was a challenge to showcase Exmoor in just 30 seconds in a way that would capture people’s imagination, but we hope the humorous approach taken in the advert will do the trick.
“It certainly demonstrates what a fabulous landscape the National Park and surrounding area has to offer along with the opportunities to enjoy them in different ways.”
The advert can also be viewed at www.visit-exmoor.co.uk.