Exmoor search and rescue trucks on
- Credit: Archant
New bespoke rescue vehicle set to be unveiled at Pilton Green Man Festival.
EXMOOR search and rescue is celebrating the arrival of a brand new vehicle.
The bespoke Nissan Hilux has been paid for with generous donations from local people, including a £4,500 donation from the South Molton Vintage Rally Club.
It will be proudly paraded on a series of local events, including at Pilton Green Man Festival on Saturday, Porlock Country Fair on August 11 and Ilfracombe Rescue Day on August 14.
The new Hilux boosts the voluntary rescue organisation’s fleet to two off-road and one ambulance vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
The team receives an average of 20-24 call outs a year, the latest being on Monday week, when they helped locate a 75-year-old man who had been reported missing after going hiking in woodland.
For more information about Exmoor Search and Rescue, to help with fundraising or ask about joining the team, visit www.exmoor-srt.org.uk or call 01823 674169.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple