Exmoor search and rescue trucks on
- Credit: Archant
New bespoke rescue vehicle set to be unveiled at Pilton Green Man Festival.
EXMOOR search and rescue is celebrating the arrival of a brand new vehicle.
The bespoke Nissan Hilux has been paid for with generous donations from local people, including a £4,500 donation from the South Molton Vintage Rally Club.
It will be proudly paraded on a series of local events, including at Pilton Green Man Festival on Saturday, Porlock Country Fair on August 11 and Ilfracombe Rescue Day on August 14.
The new Hilux boosts the voluntary rescue organisation’s fleet to two off-road and one ambulance vehicles.
The team receives an average of 20-24 call outs a year, the latest being on Monday week, when they helped locate a 75-year-old man who had been reported missing after going hiking in woodland.
For more information about Exmoor Search and Rescue, to help with fundraising or ask about joining the team, visit www.exmoor-srt.org.uk or call 01823 674169.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'