Exmoor search and rescue trucks on
- Credit: Archant
New bespoke rescue vehicle set to be unveiled at Pilton Green Man Festival.
EXMOOR search and rescue is celebrating the arrival of a brand new vehicle.
The bespoke Nissan Hilux has been paid for with generous donations from local people, including a £4,500 donation from the South Molton Vintage Rally Club.
It will be proudly paraded on a series of local events, including at Pilton Green Man Festival on Saturday, Porlock Country Fair on August 11 and Ilfracombe Rescue Day on August 14.
The new Hilux boosts the voluntary rescue organisation’s fleet to two off-road and one ambulance vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
The team receives an average of 20-24 call outs a year, the latest being on Monday week, when they helped locate a 75-year-old man who had been reported missing after going hiking in woodland.
For more information about Exmoor Search and Rescue, to help with fundraising or ask about joining the team, visit www.exmoor-srt.org.uk or call 01823 674169.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale