Exmoor Food Festival future is assured
THE future of the Exmoor Food Festival has been assured for the next three years, thanks to funding of more than �40,000 from the Local Action for Rural Communities organisation. Exmoor Tourist Association secretary Rachel Kelly, welcoming the news, sai
THE future of the Exmoor Food Festival has been assured for the next three years, thanks to funding of more than �40,000 from the Local Action for Rural Communities organisation.
Exmoor Tourist Association secretary Rachel Kelly, welcoming the news, said: "A lot of work went into the funding process and final bid, which the ETA was happy to undertake. We see it as an essential part of our remit to make sure a showcase event such as the food festival continues; helping our local food producers, retailers and eateries make the most or every marketing opportunity."
The funding will give the Exmoor Food Festival a base to grow and really push forward with marketing and PR.
"This is wonderful news for the area and means we can inject some much needed vitality into the festival," said Antony Brunt, the ETA chairman.
You may also want to watch:
"We appreciate the continued support of our members, West Somerset Council and the Exmoor Tourism Partnership and look forward to helping businesses promote themselves through the festival."
The festival runs this year from Saturday, October 2 to Sunday, October 10 and the deadline for entries is June 21.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 6 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
The opening weekend is to be held in Lynton and events will take place through out the week. The closing weekend will centre on Minehead, Dunster and Porlock.
The festival is also linking up with the North Devon & Exmoor Walking Festival for the first time (www.walkingnorthdevon.co.uk)
Kate Harris, food festival project officer, said: "Make sure your business makes the most of this opportunity. All participants will be listed in our Food Festival brochure as well as appearing on the Exmoor Food Festival website www.exmoorfoodfestival.co.uk and in our new permanent food directory on the website. You can contact me to talk through how you can become involved and what we can offer in return on (01643) 831 586 or email email@example.com. Listings cost �50 - with special rates negotiable."
Rachel Kelly finishes by reminding all food and accommodation providers, "There are also cross over opportunities to appear on the three accommodation and food websites www.exmoor.com, www.visit-exmoor.co.uk and www.activeexmoor.com - just give me a call to talk through how your business can have up to six adverts over the three sites from only �50 via membership of the ETA." Rachel can be contacted on 01984 633 782 or via firstname.lastname@example.org