South Molton Pannier market to host first ever Exmoor Day
- Credit: Archant
South Molton Pannier Market is hosting the first ever Exmoor Day this April.
The event on Friday, April 12 aims to celebrate all things Exmoor and is already proving popular for the first ever Friday market day, with all the market stalls fully booked well in advance.
A wide range of artisan stalls will include crafts, photography, artists, home furnishings, glass engraving, antique furniture and lots more.
There will be plenty to eat and drink, from hog roasts to ice cream plus preserves, chilli tasting, handmade chocolates and Exmoor’s own Wicked Wolf Gin.
Exmoor ponies, miniature donkeys and alpacas will be on hand, plus music from local singer songwriter Shannon Amy Lewis and the chance to meet Felix the Exmoor Fox throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
South Molton town clerk Andrew Coates said: “We are hoping that the Exmoor day will bring in loads of people from all over Exmoor and it should be a fun day for the children too.
“This is the first time we have tried to have a market on a Friday and if this is successful we will try other markets on Fridays too.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
“We have also people dressed up as animals who will be wandering around the market and many animal charities will be present.”
The event is free to enter and will run at the Pannier Market from 9am to 3pm.