Exmoor bid for faster broadband
THE Exmoor Trust has launched a campaign to win a better broadband service for moorland folk. It is compiling a database of people who cannot obtain broadband and a symposium will be held on July 16 at Ralegh s Cross Inn. Trustee Archie McIntyre said:
THE Exmoor Trust has launched a campaign to win a better broadband service for moorland folk.
It is compiling a database of people who cannot obtain broadband and a symposium will be held on July 16 at Ralegh's Cross Inn.
Trustee Archie McIntyre said: "Our symposium in 2004 was successful in drawing the attention of service providers to the united clamour for access to broadband on Exmoor. It undoubtedly led to Exmoor beinbg granted early access.
"Now we face a similar challenge for faster broadband."
You may also want to watch:
The Trust will be developing proposals in partnership with both Somerset and Devon County Councils, Exmoor National Parks Authority and local action groups.
Mr McIntyre may be contacted on (01884) 243568 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing