Exhibitions celebrate North Devon's coast
EXHIBITIONS are being held in Combe Martin and Hartland as part of the celebrations marking the 50th anniversary of the North Devon coast being officially labelled an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The AONB team are holdings the events and talks to h
EXHIBITIONS are being held in Combe Martin and Hartland as part of the celebrations marking the 50th anniversary of the North Devon coast being officially labelled an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The AONB team are holdings the events and talks to highlight their work and to encourage members of the community to become involved.
The first event will be at Combe Martin Museum on Thursday, March 25 and the second is at Hartland Parish Hall on Wednesday, March 31. Both run from 1-6pm.
People in both communities are invited to go along and take part, with an opportunity to learn more about the AONB and why it forms an important part of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve for North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
A variety of talks and presentations will explain more about the role of the AONB and how it fits in with issues such as planning and modern requirements.
"We are hoping to recruit local volunteers to take photographs of special architecture, settlement patterns, field boundaries and the historic environment, unique to the area in which they live,"
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
explained project officer Dave Edgcombe.
It is hoped the images will both celebrate the culture and heritage of the AONB and help guide future development within the protected landscape.
To find out more about the exhibitions and the North Devon AONB, contact Dave Edgcombe on (01237) 423655.