Exhibitions celebrate North Devon's coast
EXHIBITIONS are being held in Combe Martin and Hartland as part of the celebrations marking the 50th anniversary of the North Devon coast being officially labelled an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The AONB team are holdings the events and talks to h
EXHIBITIONS are being held in Combe Martin and Hartland as part of the celebrations marking the 50th anniversary of the North Devon coast being officially labelled an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The AONB team are holdings the events and talks to highlight their work and to encourage members of the community to become involved.
The first event will be at Combe Martin Museum on Thursday, March 25 and the second is at Hartland Parish Hall on Wednesday, March 31. Both run from 1-6pm.
People in both communities are invited to go along and take part, with an opportunity to learn more about the AONB and why it forms an important part of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve for North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
A variety of talks and presentations will explain more about the role of the AONB and how it fits in with issues such as planning and modern requirements.
"We are hoping to recruit local volunteers to take photographs of special architecture, settlement patterns, field boundaries and the historic environment, unique to the area in which they live,"
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
explained project officer Dave Edgcombe.
It is hoped the images will both celebrate the culture and heritage of the AONB and help guide future development within the protected landscape.
To find out more about the exhibitions and the North Devon AONB, contact Dave Edgcombe on (01237) 423655.