Exeter flight drama lasts 90 minutes
Forty-two passengers on board an Exeter flight to Newcastle breathed a sigh of relief when the plane touched back down after cutting its journey short following problems with the undercarriage.
The Flybe flight, which left Exeter at 12.25pm today, hit problems shortly after take off when the pilot realised something was wrong.
The plane circled to burn off fuel before landing safely at around 2pm.
The Bombardier Q 400 had four crew on board.
A police helicopter was deployed and roads around the site were closed as a precautionary measure.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “I can confirm that just before 2pm the aircraft came to a stop and landed safely.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council