Exercise guru leads tributes to Katy
Rosemary Conley said Katy was a terrific instructor who was adored by fitness club members
DIET and fitness expert Rosemary Conley has led the tributes to a young North Devon fitness instructor who died suddenly at the weekend.
The founder of one of the UK’s largest weight loss organisations said Katy Stirland, 28, from Westward Ho!, was a “wonderfully vibrant young lady and a terrific instructor who was adored by her members”.
Katy has been described as an “inspiration” to the many people she helped at the Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Clubs she ran in Barnstaple, Bideford, Westward Ho!, Fremington and Torrington.
Rosemary said: “We know she will be hugely missed by them. She was always full of energy and brimming with good health. This news comes as such a shock.
“Our deepest sympathy and thoughts are sent to Katy’s family and all those close to her at this very sad time.”
On Katy’s Facebook page, friends said her sunshine and laughter would be “truly missed”.
- 1 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 10 Popular character Joan dies at 92
Other tributes read: “The most joyous person I ever met.”
“So shocked that someone so healthy and lovely can be taken away at such a young age. RIP Katy xxxx.”
“Katy you were fabulous and gorgeous. You touched so many xxxx.”
“Such a tragic end to a wonderful lady who brought so much to the world. I am so shocked. My love goes out to your husband and family x RIP Katy x.”
“You’ll be sadly missed, loving thoughts to your husband and family x Rip hunny ur with the angels now xxxx.”
“Taken far too early, my thoughts are with your family, rip x.”
Katy, a former Pilton Community College student, was found collapsed in the toilets of Crabby Dicks Central Bar in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police were called to the Cooper Street pub at 2.40am and Katy was taken by ambulance to North Devon District Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious. They are carrying out an investigation into the circumstances surrounding her death and will be liaising with the coroner.