Executive approves funding for Barnstaple projects
- Credit: Archant
North Devon Council to fund £200k for Queen’s Theatre and £10k for refurbishment of tennis courts.
TWO projects in Barnstaple have received a funding boost from North Devon Council following a meeting of the executive committee today (Tues).
The Queen’s Theatre has been granted £200,000 for several new projects including a new ‘flying system’ to change scenery on stage.
Alan Giddings, North Devon Theatres’ chief executive said: “All the new technical developments will help to create a theatre that will best serve the needs of North Devon performing arts societies and will be able to handle bigger shows more easily and safely.”
The executive committee also agreed to fund a £10,000 refurbishment of three outdoor tennis courts at Barnstaple’s Tarka Tennis centre.
You may also want to watch:
The project will include removing the current astro covering and cleaning and painting the surface, and is estimated to be completed in less than two weeks.
Lucy Tomlinson, project and procurement officer at the council, said: “The macadam covering is the most popular outdoor covering at the centre, so this will mean more local people can make use of the excellent facilities.”
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
The centre, which opened in 2003, will have a total of four outdoor macadam courts available for use.