Exciting opportunities with Bideford Air Cadets
YOUNG, bored and would like something exciting to do? Bideford Air Cadets are happy to welcome new members to share in their wide range of activities. 20 (Bideford) Squadron Air Training Corps, to give them their full name, meet in their hall in King Geor
YOUNG, bored and would like something exciting to do?
Bideford Air Cadets are happy to welcome new members to share in their wide range of activities.
20 (Bideford) Squadron Air Training Corps, to give them their full name, meet in their hall in King George V Field off Park Lane, Bideford, on Monday and Friday nights.
Cadets enjoy a wide range of activities, with a strong link to the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Other activities include glider flying from the airfield at Chivenor, shooting and summer expeditions and exercises on Braunton Burrows, Exmoor and Dartmoor.
There are also social evenings which include such events as 10-pin bowling, sports nights, barbecues, film nights and visits to RAF camps.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 8 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
And in answer to that old chesnut -'no' cadets do not have to go on to a career in the RAF afterwards, unless that is what they want.
CI Kieren Hewins said: "The Air Cadets offer a diverse range of activities for boys and girls. Air Cadets can provide anything from basic life skills to training on how to fire a rifle. What's more, the Air Cadets can offer the tasks also associated with other local cadet forces, as well as tasks unique to Air Cadets."
There is an open invitation to give the Air Cadets a try. If it's not for you, then you don't have to go again. But if it is, there will be a warm welcome to the team.
Just pop in on a Monday night 7.00-9.30pm or Friday night 7.30-10.00pm or call 07929 924039 for more details.