Excellent First service
SIR - I am writing to commend the excellent service my daughter, myself and my young grandson received when we were holidaying in Ilfracombe last week.
As tourists to the area we were not sure of bus routes and inadvertently got on the wrong bus late in the evening. We were very distressed as we were stopping in Ilfracombe but had ended up in Woolacombe.
The driver of the bus was very calming and kind and took the time and trouble to explain that he would be returning shortly to Ilfracombe where we could catch the correct bus.
He even went further and signalled to the correct bus driver to wait so we could get on. This was done with minimum fuss and great efficiency without inconveniencing other passengers.
The driver (1199) of the correct bus (bus 42454) was also very kind and caring. The two drivers turned what was a very harrowing and upsetting experience into a very pleasant experience. As a result we travelled on subsequent days by bus to our destinations.
You may also want to watch:
We are very disturbed to hear that these very kind and professional drivers are about to be made redundant and feel that this should be brought to the attention of the public in the Ilfracombe/Woolacombe area.
I am sure that if they were aware there would be an outcry. I live in a city (Gloucester) and am somewhat ashamed to say I have never received such courteous and efficient service on the bus routes here and in fact drivers are sometimes downright rude so now very rarely, if at all, make use of the bus service.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
Mrs Fay Shaw, Gloucester.
[This is an email sent to the First Devon and Cornwall Bus company as I feel very strongly that to make such kind, helpful and professional people redundant is to the detriment of the area not only for local people but also for tourists.]