Excellent First service
SIR - I am writing to commend the excellent service my daughter, myself and my young grandson received when we were holidaying in Ilfracombe last week.
As tourists to the area we were not sure of bus routes and inadvertently got on the wrong bus late in the evening. We were very distressed as we were stopping in Ilfracombe but had ended up in Woolacombe.
The driver of the bus was very calming and kind and took the time and trouble to explain that he would be returning shortly to Ilfracombe where we could catch the correct bus.
He even went further and signalled to the correct bus driver to wait so we could get on. This was done with minimum fuss and great efficiency without inconveniencing other passengers.
The driver (1199) of the correct bus (bus 42454) was also very kind and caring. The two drivers turned what was a very harrowing and upsetting experience into a very pleasant experience. As a result we travelled on subsequent days by bus to our destinations.
You may also want to watch:
We are very disturbed to hear that these very kind and professional drivers are about to be made redundant and feel that this should be brought to the attention of the public in the Ilfracombe/Woolacombe area.
I am sure that if they were aware there would be an outcry. I live in a city (Gloucester) and am somewhat ashamed to say I have never received such courteous and efficient service on the bus routes here and in fact drivers are sometimes downright rude so now very rarely, if at all, make use of the bus service.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
Mrs Fay Shaw, Gloucester.
[This is an email sent to the First Devon and Cornwall Bus company as I feel very strongly that to make such kind, helpful and professional people redundant is to the detriment of the area not only for local people but also for tourists.]