Ex-South Molton bank manager returns to town in new role
A FORMER South Molton bank manager has returned to the town in a new role – as the area s new rural policeman. PC Adrian Micallef, who swapped a career behind the counter for a job on the front line four years ago, started work as the South Molton Rural N
A FORMER South Molton bank manager has returned to the town in a new role - as the area's new rural policeman.
PC Adrian Micallef, who swapped a career behind the counter for a job on the front line four years ago, started work as the South Molton Rural Neighbourhood Beat Manager on Thursday.
The former South Molton Community College pupil will be well known to many people in the town, not least his old customers at NatWest Bank.
"I decided to change careers in 2005 and joined the police force as a response officer in Barnstaple after completing my training," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Becoming a beat manager is something I really wanted to do and I'm looking forward to engaging with the local communities in an area that I am very familiar with."
PC Micallef, 28, heads up a three-man team - with PCSOs Jerzy Rozputynski and Mike Livett - responsible for policing 26 parishes in an area spanning North Molton, Witheridge, Chulmleigh and Umberleigh.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 8 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 9 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash