Ex-South Molton bank manager returns to town in new role
A FORMER South Molton bank manager has returned to the town in a new role – as the area s new rural policeman. PC Adrian Micallef, who swapped a career behind the counter for a job on the front line four years ago, started work as the South Molton Rural N
A FORMER South Molton bank manager has returned to the town in a new role - as the area's new rural policeman.
PC Adrian Micallef, who swapped a career behind the counter for a job on the front line four years ago, started work as the South Molton Rural Neighbourhood Beat Manager on Thursday.
The former South Molton Community College pupil will be well known to many people in the town, not least his old customers at NatWest Bank.
"I decided to change careers in 2005 and joined the police force as a response officer in Barnstaple after completing my training," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Becoming a beat manager is something I really wanted to do and I'm looking forward to engaging with the local communities in an area that I am very familiar with."
PC Micallef, 28, heads up a three-man team - with PCSOs Jerzy Rozputynski and Mike Livett - responsible for policing 26 parishes in an area spanning North Molton, Witheridge, Chulmleigh and Umberleigh.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 10 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction