Ex-South Molton bank manager returns to town in new role
A FORMER South Molton bank manager has returned to the town in a new role – as the area s new rural policeman. PC Adrian Micallef, who swapped a career behind the counter for a job on the front line four years ago, started work as the South Molton Rural N
A FORMER South Molton bank manager has returned to the town in a new role - as the area's new rural policeman.
PC Adrian Micallef, who swapped a career behind the counter for a job on the front line four years ago, started work as the South Molton Rural Neighbourhood Beat Manager on Thursday.
The former South Molton Community College pupil will be well known to many people in the town, not least his old customers at NatWest Bank.
"I decided to change careers in 2005 and joined the police force as a response officer in Barnstaple after completing my training," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Becoming a beat manager is something I really wanted to do and I'm looking forward to engaging with the local communities in an area that I am very familiar with."
PC Micallef, 28, heads up a three-man team - with PCSOs Jerzy Rozputynski and Mike Livett - responsible for policing 26 parishes in an area spanning North Molton, Witheridge, Chulmleigh and Umberleigh.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Team to lead community-focussed Gazette into new era