Ex-South Molton bank manager returns to town in new role
A FORMER South Molton bank manager has returned to the town in a new role – as the area s new rural policeman. PC Adrian Micallef, who swapped a career behind the counter for a job on the front line four years ago, started work as the South Molton Rural N
A FORMER South Molton bank manager has returned to the town in a new role - as the area's new rural policeman.
PC Adrian Micallef, who swapped a career behind the counter for a job on the front line four years ago, started work as the South Molton Rural Neighbourhood Beat Manager on Thursday.
The former South Molton Community College pupil will be well known to many people in the town, not least his old customers at NatWest Bank.
"I decided to change careers in 2005 and joined the police force as a response officer in Barnstaple after completing my training," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Becoming a beat manager is something I really wanted to do and I'm looking forward to engaging with the local communities in an area that I am very familiar with."
PC Micallef, 28, heads up a three-man team - with PCSOs Jerzy Rozputynski and Mike Livett - responsible for policing 26 parishes in an area spanning North Molton, Witheridge, Chulmleigh and Umberleigh.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton