Every Can Counts at Atlantic Village
- Credit: Archant
Bideford shopping centre signs up to new recycling scheme.
ATLANTIC Village in Bideford has pledged to boost its eco-credentials by joining the Every Can Counts programme, making it easier for shoppers or staff to recycle their drinks cans while ‘on-the-go’.
The initiative, which was launched on Thursday, will see each of the 32 stores and restaurants at the shopping centre equipped with recycling bins.
Can crushers have been installed in busy areas of the centre for use by visitors, all part of the centre’s ongoing green strategy, being implemented by Atlantic Village facilities management, working with Ilfracombe-based recycling service provider Community Resources (Devon) CIC.
With around two million visitors a year and approximately 200 staff, there is anticipated to be a huge number of cans at the retail outlet. The revenue from the cans will be used to support Community Resources’ work providing support and work experience for adults with learning disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe in environmental sustainability and are delighted that everyone, from our retail units to our visitors, can now recycle their own cans while at the centre,” said Atlantic Village centre manager Paul Naisbett.
Rick Hindley of Every Can Counts, added: “We have high hopes for this partnership, and are keen to use our experience in Bideford to develop further projects with other retail sites in the future.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Every Can Counts has been developed by the drinks can manufacturing and recycling industry. For more information, visit: www.everycancounts.co.uk