Enjoy traditional bands in Ilfracombe's seafront bandstand this summer
THE bandstand at Runnymede Gardens in Ilfracombe will once again echo to the sounds of brass, wind and string instruments this summer with a series of Sunday performances between now and September. The first is this Sunday (June 21) and will see the Two R
THE bandstand at Runnymede Gardens in Ilfracombe will once again echo to the sounds of brass, wind and string instruments this summer with a series of Sunday performances between now and September.
The first is this Sunday (June 21) and will see the Two River Ensemble play in the seafront bandstand from 2-4pm.
There is more on Sunday of next week (June 28) as the Bideford Town Band plays, also from 2-4pm.
The bands will be playing on most Sunday afternoons throughout the season, all between the same times and it has become a popular feature with both local people and visitors strolling along the seafront.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Ann Doody of said the weekly performances would not be possible without the generous sponsorship of the local people and organisations who have given their support: Filers Travel, John Fowler, High St Traders, Ilfracombe Art Society, Ilfracombe Rotary Club, Ilfracombe Tourist Association and the Town Council.
Each performance is weather permitting. The series continues on Sunday of next week (July 5) with the West Somerset Band and then:
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 10 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
July 12: Two River Ensemble. July 26: South Molton Band. August 2: Blazing Sounds. August 9: Bideford Band. August 16: Blazing Sounds. August 23: Hatherleigh Silver Band. August 30: Alas Jazz Band. September 27: Super Act Bideford Band.