End of the pier ‘Yo!’
I wish to reply to J Roberts’ comment on the Ilfracombe statue (“End of the pier ‘No!”, Opinion, December 5).
My view is that the statue is a fantastic and inspiring work of art. It looks majestic standing on the pier.
I am convinced that it will be a super attraction to visitors coming into the port.
I do, however, wish that the whole statue was visible to everyone. I wish they had more of them in North Devon.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?