End of the pier ‘Yo!’
I wish to reply to J Roberts’ comment on the Ilfracombe statue (“End of the pier ‘No!”, Opinion, December 5).
My view is that the statue is a fantastic and inspiring work of art. It looks majestic standing on the pier.
I am convinced that it will be a super attraction to visitors coming into the port.
I do, however, wish that the whole statue was visible to everyone. I wish they had more of them in North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull