End of the line for Barnstaple fishing shop
North Devon Angling Centre in Boutport Street has closed down.
NORTH Devon Angling Centre in Barnstaple has closed down after four years in the town.
Owners Harry Bird and Teresa Saunders said they could no longer afford to keep the Boutport Street shop open and its doors were due to close for the final time yesterday (Tuesday).
They said they would like to thank all their loyal customers for their support.
The shop first opened in Combe Martin and later moved to its Barnstaple premises.
You may also want to watch:
But Teresa said high business rates in the town were partly responsible for the closure.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality