End of the line for Barnstaple fishing shop
North Devon Angling Centre in Boutport Street has closed down.
NORTH Devon Angling Centre in Barnstaple has closed down after four years in the town.
Owners Harry Bird and Teresa Saunders said they could no longer afford to keep the Boutport Street shop open and its doors were due to close for the final time yesterday (Tuesday).
They said they would like to thank all their loyal customers for their support.
The shop first opened in Combe Martin and later moved to its Barnstaple premises.
You may also want to watch:
But Teresa said high business rates in the town were partly responsible for the closure.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton