Empty homes needed for North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Council seeking landlords willing to provide empty properties for those in need.
LANDLORDS with empty homes in North Devon are being asked to help make their properties available to people facing homelessness, in response to a growing problem.
From April to December last year, North Devon Council placed 52 households in temporary accommodation, an 11 per cent increase over the same period in 2011.
The council now wants to hear from more landlords who could lease two and three bedroom homes in Barnstaple, South Molton and Ilfracombe, to continue to meet the demand.
There is also a current need for a five bedroom shared house in Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
All properties must be in good condition, with adequate heating and unfurnished. In return, landlords will get a competitive rental income paid quarterly, guaranteed for the lease period.
Plus there are no management fees, as well as guaranteed vacant possession of the property and in a good state of repair and decoration (excluding fair wear and tear).
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
For information, call Housing Options on 01271 388870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.