Empty homes needed for North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Council seeking landlords willing to provide empty properties for those in need.
LANDLORDS with empty homes in North Devon are being asked to help make their properties available to people facing homelessness, in response to a growing problem.
From April to December last year, North Devon Council placed 52 households in temporary accommodation, an 11 per cent increase over the same period in 2011.
The council now wants to hear from more landlords who could lease two and three bedroom homes in Barnstaple, South Molton and Ilfracombe, to continue to meet the demand.
There is also a current need for a five bedroom shared house in Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
All properties must be in good condition, with adequate heating and unfurnished. In return, landlords will get a competitive rental income paid quarterly, guaranteed for the lease period.
Plus there are no management fees, as well as guaranteed vacant possession of the property and in a good state of repair and decoration (excluding fair wear and tear).
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 6 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 7 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 8 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 9 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
For information, call Housing Options on 01271 388870 or email email@example.com.