Employment rules ironed out at business seminar
Firms given the lowdown on new legislation
MORE than 150 local business leaders attended a special seminar at the Barnstaple Hotel to help them get to grips with new employment legislation.
The event, hosted by Lloyds TSB Commercial, gave local firms an important insight into the current regulations, as well as advice with managing finance, and international opportunities for local small-to-medium enterprises.
Also speaking at the event were industry experts from Croner, Microsoft and UKTI, as well as Laura Holt and Robin Makeig-Jones from North Devon Plus who presented on tourism for the local area.
Research by Lloyds TSB showed that businesses in the area harboured strong doubts about their own knowledge of the of current employment rules.
You may also want to watch:
David Beaumont, area director for Lloyds TSB Commercial in Devon and Cornwall, said: “Businesses need to be on the front foot when it comes to employment policy.
“By joining forces with Croner today, we have been able to offer attendees specific insight, assistance and support on regulation.”
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
JUST the job: Speakers (from left) Laura Holt from North Devon Plus, Pater Stockman from Lloyds TSB, Tony Mitchell from Tony Mitchell Ltd, David Beaumont from Lloyds TSB, Belinda Marsh from Croner and Robin Makeig-Jones from North Devon Plus.