Employment rules ironed out at business seminar
Firms given the lowdown on new legislation
MORE than 150 local business leaders attended a special seminar at the Barnstaple Hotel to help them get to grips with new employment legislation.
The event, hosted by Lloyds TSB Commercial, gave local firms an important insight into the current regulations, as well as advice with managing finance, and international opportunities for local small-to-medium enterprises.
Also speaking at the event were industry experts from Croner, Microsoft and UKTI, as well as Laura Holt and Robin Makeig-Jones from North Devon Plus who presented on tourism for the local area.
Research by Lloyds TSB showed that businesses in the area harboured strong doubts about their own knowledge of the of current employment rules.
You may also want to watch:
David Beaumont, area director for Lloyds TSB Commercial in Devon and Cornwall, said: “Businesses need to be on the front foot when it comes to employment policy.
“By joining forces with Croner today, we have been able to offer attendees specific insight, assistance and support on regulation.”
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
JUST the job: Speakers (from left) Laura Holt from North Devon Plus, Pater Stockman from Lloyds TSB, Tony Mitchell from Tony Mitchell Ltd, David Beaumont from Lloyds TSB, Belinda Marsh from Croner and Robin Makeig-Jones from North Devon Plus.