Employment rules ironed out at business seminar
Firms given the lowdown on new legislation
MORE than 150 local business leaders attended a special seminar at the Barnstaple Hotel to help them get to grips with new employment legislation.
The event, hosted by Lloyds TSB Commercial, gave local firms an important insight into the current regulations, as well as advice with managing finance, and international opportunities for local small-to-medium enterprises.
Also speaking at the event were industry experts from Croner, Microsoft and UKTI, as well as Laura Holt and Robin Makeig-Jones from North Devon Plus who presented on tourism for the local area.
Research by Lloyds TSB showed that businesses in the area harboured strong doubts about their own knowledge of the of current employment rules.
You may also want to watch:
David Beaumont, area director for Lloyds TSB Commercial in Devon and Cornwall, said: “Businesses need to be on the front foot when it comes to employment policy.
“By joining forces with Croner today, we have been able to offer attendees specific insight, assistance and support on regulation.”
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 9 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 10 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
JUST the job: Speakers (from left) Laura Holt from North Devon Plus, Pater Stockman from Lloyds TSB, Tony Mitchell from Tony Mitchell Ltd, David Beaumont from Lloyds TSB, Belinda Marsh from Croner and Robin Makeig-Jones from North Devon Plus.