Employment help at Barnstaple children’s centres
New job club will offer help and support for local families
A club to help people get back into work, training or education is being launched by Victoria House Children’s Centre in Barnstaple on Monday, September 5.
The centre in Victoria Road, run by children’s charity Action for Children, will be holding free drop-in sessions every Monday at 1-3pm to give help and advice on interviews, developing CVs and support with job hunting.
It will also offer information on college courses and other training opportunities to parents, carers or grandparents with a child under the age of five.
A representative from Careers South West will be on hand to give one-to-one support and careers advice.
You may also want to watch:
Parents can bring their children with them to the sessions, where there will be toys and games available for them to play with.
Claire Stevens, community development worker at Barnstaple Area Children’s Centres, said: “Unemployment is a big issue in Barnstaple and across Devon, and recent figures have shown that unemployment levels are continuing to rise.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
“So it’s more important than ever to ensure that people have access to the help and support they need to find a job or the right training.”
More information about Action for Children’s Sure Start children centres in Barnstaple is available at: www.barnstaple.childrencentres.org.