Emma’s cakes are treat at hospice
Barnstaple cake maker Emma Watts of Harri-Dens Cakes makes her 100th anniversary special for Children’s Hospice South West.
A BARNSTAPLE mum who had to give up work after suffering a back injury has cooked up a new career for herself.
Emma Watts, aged 31 from Roundswell, has always enjoyed baking and started up her home based business Harri-Dens Cakes in May.
What began as a couple of cakes for finds quickly took off in a flurry of icing and she has since had 120 orders.
To mark her 100th cake order, Emma created one especially for Children’s Hospice South West and presented it to staff at Little Bridge House in Fremington.
You may also want to watch:
In fact, whenever she attends a local event or craft fair, Emma always takes any cakes left over to the hospice for children and staff to enjoy.
Sally Norden, sibling worker at Little Bridge House said: “This beautiful cake is such a wonderful gift for children coming to stay with us– for the children who are so poorly and also for their brothers, sisters and parents, not to mention the staff! Emma has brought yummy joy to Children’s Hospice South West, this is a really special kindness and has put a smile on all our faces.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Emma’s highly decorative themed creations already include character cakes, themed cakes, frogs on a lily pad and even a suitcase.
Now Emma is determined to improve even more and has just enrolled on two decorative cake courses.
See more of Emma’s creations at www.harri-dens.co.uk or contact her on 07427 602446.