Electrical fire sparks early morning alarm

Fuse box fire spread to roof timbers

A HOUSE in Witheridge was spared serious damage after firefighters dealt with a small blaze in an outbuilding in the early hours Saturday morning.

Crews from Witheridge, Chulmleigh and Tiverton were called to the address in East Close at 3.30am following reports of a fuse box fire and smouldering roof timbers.

Crews cut away plasterboard to gain access to isolate the electrics and remove timbers.

No-one was hurt in the incident.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter