Electrical fire in ambulance station
Fire crews were called to the scene in Bideford on Wednesday morning.
FIRE crews were scrambled to the ambulance station in Bideford after a fire broke out in an electrical cupboard this morning (Wed).
Two fire engines were scrambled around 8.25am to the station Clovelly Road, and discovered the fire which was confined to the cupboard.
Crews used breathing apparatus, a covering jet, hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher to tackle the fire.
The cupboard was damaged by smoke and fire but the rest of the building escaped unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
Western Power also attended the incident.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality