Electric heater sets carpet on fire in Torrington home

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

Fire crews found the house heavily smoke logged and the occupants suffering from smoke inhalation.

FIRE crews were scrambled to Torrington at lunchtime today (Fri) after a woman dialled 999 stating her electric fire had fallen over and ignited her carpet.

Two fire engines from Bideford and one from Torrington arrived at Warren Lane at around 1.10pm and found the house heavily smoke logged.

The fire was out so crews vented the property and made the electric appliance safe.

An ambulance also attended to treat the occupiers of the property for smoke inhalation.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter