Elderly woman cut from car after Northam collision
- Credit: Archant
Van was reported to have left the scene before emergency services arrived this morning (Thurs).
AN elderly woman had to be cut from a car after being involved in a head on collision in Fore Street, Northam this morning (Thurs).
The woman’s Ford Fiesta was involved in a head on collision with a white van at around 9am which had left the scene by the time emergency services arrived.
The driver of the Ford was suffering from shock and fire crews from Appledore and Bideford had to remove her from the vehicle using hydraulic equipment.
The woman was taken to North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to contact police on non emergency number 101 quoting log 132 of February 13.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple