Elderly pedestrian suffers serious injuries in Westward Ho! collision
- Credit: Archant
The pensioner was walking her dog when she was involved in a collision in Westward Ho! and airlifted to hospital.
AN elderly woman was airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after being involved in a collision with a van in Westward Ho! yesterday (Thurs).
The 78-year-old woman was walking her dog along Eastbourne Terrace at around 3pm when she was involved in the collision with a Vauxhall Combo Van.
She sustained a serious head injury and was airlifted to Derriford Hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
The male van driver, in his 30s from Bideford, suffered shock in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Force Serious Collisions Investigation Unit have launched an investigation and are appealing for witnesses to contact them.
Anyone with information can call police on 101, quoting log number 438 of 12/12/13.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted