Elderly motorist in hospital after Sticklepath smash
Barnstaple junction closed following two-car crash
AN elderly motorist was taken to hospital following an accident in Barnstaple earlier today (Friday).
The man, understood to be the driver of a black Vauxhall Corsa, was in collision with a red Renault Clio on the A3125 at Old Sticklepath Hill at around 11am.
The junction between Lake and Old Sticklepath Hill was closed for around half-an-hour to enable emergency services to move the vehicles and clear oil from the road. The junction has now reopened.
Both drivers were breathalysed at the scene and provided negative specimens.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said that casualty’s injuries were not serious and that he was taken to North Devon District Hospital as a precaution.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton