Elderly motorist in hospital after Sticklepath smash
Barnstaple junction closed following two-car crash
AN elderly motorist was taken to hospital following an accident in Barnstaple earlier today (Friday).
The man, understood to be the driver of a black Vauxhall Corsa, was in collision with a red Renault Clio on the A3125 at Old Sticklepath Hill at around 11am.
The junction between Lake and Old Sticklepath Hill was closed for around half-an-hour to enable emergency services to move the vehicles and clear oil from the road. The junction has now reopened.
Both drivers were breathalysed at the scene and provided negative specimens.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said that casualty’s injuries were not serious and that he was taken to North Devon District Hospital as a precaution.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge