Elderly motorist in hospital after Sticklepath smash
Barnstaple junction closed following two-car crash
AN elderly motorist was taken to hospital following an accident in Barnstaple earlier today (Friday).
The man, understood to be the driver of a black Vauxhall Corsa, was in collision with a red Renault Clio on the A3125 at Old Sticklepath Hill at around 11am.
The junction between Lake and Old Sticklepath Hill was closed for around half-an-hour to enable emergency services to move the vehicles and clear oil from the road. The junction has now reopened.
Both drivers were breathalysed at the scene and provided negative specimens.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said that casualty’s injuries were not serious and that he was taken to North Devon District Hospital as a precaution.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year