Elderly man suffers head injuries in A399 collision
- Credit: Archant
Police believe the single vehicle collision may have been caused by the sun.
A 77-year-old man was taken to hospital after his vehicle flipped onto its roof on the A399 on Sunday.
Police, fire and ambulance services were called to the scene of the single-vehicle collision between Combe Martin and Ilfracombe at 5.55pm.
Fire crews from Combe Martin and Ilfracombe treated the driver of the Peugeot 106 before the arrival of paramedics.
He was taken to North Devon District Hospital with head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said they believed the sun was a possible cause of the collision.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment