Elderly man dies after South Molton zebra crossing collision
- Credit: Archant
The 86-year-old, who was driving a mobility scooter at the time, was taken to hospital with serious injuries but died yesterday (Mon).
AN ELDERLY man who was involved in a collision at a zebra crossing in South Molton on Saturday has died.
The 86-year-old man from South Molton was driving a mobility scooter across the crossing in New Road at around 11.20am when he was involved in a collision with a Ford Focus.
The air ambulance attended the scene and the man was taken to hospital North Devon District Hospital with serious head injuries but died yesterday (Monday) evening.
The elderly driver of the Ford, also from South Molton, was not thought to be injured.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for four hours and officers from the serious collisions unit are now investigating how the collision took place.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call police on non emergency number 101 quoting log 264 of January 11.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 8 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 9 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience