Elderly lady treated for smoke inhalation after toaster fire

Two fire engines were called to the property in Bickington on Saturday.

AN elderly lady was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire involving a toaster in her kitchen on Saturday.

Two fire engines from Barnstaple were called to the scene at around 7.25pm at Babbages in Bickington.

They found the fire in the ground floor kitchen was out on arrival after inspecting the premises.

Paramedics treated the elderly occupant for smoke inhalation.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus