Egg hunt in the wood
Easter fun in Barnstaple
AN Easter eggs-travaganza is planned for visitors to the award-winning Yeo Valley Community Woodland this Easter break.
The Parks team at North Devon Council and woodland friends group have been busy organising an Easter egg hunt, a fancy dress competition and Easter bonnet competition. The activities are taking place on Saturday, April 23 from 2pm until 4pm in the events area at Silverwood heights, Barnstaple.
Assistant Parks and Amenities Manager John Rowe said: “The woodland is a much valued and well used asset in the local community. Events like this take place throughout the year and are great for the whole family to get outside and have some fun while exploring our growing woodland.”
There is no need to book in advance, just turn up on the day. There is a charge of 50p for the fancy dress competition and Easter bonnet competition. The activities are suitable for the whole family and all children need to be accompanied by an adult.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call the Parks team at North Devon Council on (01271) 388326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friends of Yeo Valley Community Woodland meet on the first Sunday of every month to carry out a range of fun and practical tasks starting at 10am and finishing around lunchtime. Anybody who is interested in getting involved at the woodland should contact the Parks team on 01271 388326.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon