Egg hunt in the wood
Easter fun in Barnstaple
AN Easter eggs-travaganza is planned for visitors to the award-winning Yeo Valley Community Woodland this Easter break.
The Parks team at North Devon Council and woodland friends group have been busy organising an Easter egg hunt, a fancy dress competition and Easter bonnet competition. The activities are taking place on Saturday, April 23 from 2pm until 4pm in the events area at Silverwood heights, Barnstaple.
Assistant Parks and Amenities Manager John Rowe said: “The woodland is a much valued and well used asset in the local community. Events like this take place throughout the year and are great for the whole family to get outside and have some fun while exploring our growing woodland.”
There is no need to book in advance, just turn up on the day. There is a charge of 50p for the fancy dress competition and Easter bonnet competition. The activities are suitable for the whole family and all children need to be accompanied by an adult.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call the Parks team at North Devon Council on (01271) 388326 or email email@example.com.
The Friends of Yeo Valley Community Woodland meet on the first Sunday of every month to carry out a range of fun and practical tasks starting at 10am and finishing around lunchtime. Anybody who is interested in getting involved at the woodland should contact the Parks team on 01271 388326.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 6 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 7 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 8 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course