Barnstaple nursery Felicity's Fledglings in South West top 20
- Credit: Felicity's Fledglings
A Barnstaple nursey has been named one of the top 20 in the South West according to a leading online review site.
Felicity’s Fledglings in Trinity Street has been ranked highly out of 1,082 early years settings in the region by parents posting reviews on the daynurseries.co.uk site.
The nurseries were rated on overall standard, facilities and outside space, learning, resources and equipment and ICT, care, activities, staff, food and nutrition, management, cleanliness, safeguarding as well as value for money.
Felicity Sluman, nursery owner and manager, said: “After a turbulent year as a relatively new business, we were overwhelmed to receive the award.
She said: “We all felt incredibly emotional and at such a poignant time it was touching to see the lovely reviews and comments that our parents and carers had written about us.
“For most within our team, we live and breathe our job and we are incredibly privileged to have a robust and strong team that support each other, this award is acknowledgment of their hard work, love and enthusiasm for our provision.
“They individually are all worthy of the recognition that this award brings.”
Amanda Hopkins, reviews manager of daynurseries.co.uk, added: “We would like to congratulate Felicity's Fledglings on being rated by parents as a top nursery in South West England.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
“Being chosen as one of the best nurseries by family and carers of children that attend the setting is a huge achievement.
“This year has been a huge challenge for nurseries, many of whom were offering childcare to vulnerable and keyworker children during lockdown and have now opened up fully, giving parents and children that vital return to ‘normality’.”
To see Felicity's Fledglings’ reviews go to: https://www.daynurseries.co.uk/daynursery.cfm/searchazref/65432229714