Eco awards will honour town’s ‘greenest’
BARNSTAPLE is looking to honour the town’s “greenest” citizens with the launch of a brand new environmental award.
The town council’s Environment Committee is inviting people to nominate worthy recipients of the town for an Eco Citizen Award.
The competition is open to any person actively involved in tackling litter, leaf fall, graffiti, flyposting or dog fouling problems, as well as those helping to improve the town through schemes such as painting, street cleaning and garden tidying.
Judges will also be looking for examples of recycling, energy saving or sustainable travel.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 27 and the winner will be presented with a prize and certificate at the “Tidy up Our Town Big Bash on the Square” on Saturday, June 18, which is taking place from 10am to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Nomination forms are available from the town council offices at Barum
House, on The Square or can be downloaded at www.barnstapletowncouncil.co.uk
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
For more information, telephone Katie Elston on (01271) 373311 or email email@example.com