Eco awards will honour town’s ‘greenest’
BARNSTAPLE is looking to honour the town’s “greenest” citizens with the launch of a brand new environmental award.
The town council’s Environment Committee is inviting people to nominate worthy recipients of the town for an Eco Citizen Award.
The competition is open to any person actively involved in tackling litter, leaf fall, graffiti, flyposting or dog fouling problems, as well as those helping to improve the town through schemes such as painting, street cleaning and garden tidying.
Judges will also be looking for examples of recycling, energy saving or sustainable travel.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 27 and the winner will be presented with a prize and certificate at the “Tidy up Our Town Big Bash on the Square” on Saturday, June 18, which is taking place from 10am to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Nomination forms are available from the town council offices at Barum
House, on The Square or can be downloaded at www.barnstapletowncouncil.co.uk
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
For more information, telephone Katie Elston on (01271) 373311 or email email@example.com