Easter art at North Devon Museum
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the items being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday. Between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the items being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday.
Between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North Devon Museum, which is funded by North Devon Council. Visitors can look at traditional bird and bloom designs as inspiration to create their own exotic birds and funky flowers.
A second session is also taking place between 2pm and 4pm on the Wednesday, April 14 to finish off work or to start something new.
Lead Member for Community and Leisure Councillor Dick Jones says: "This is the perfect opportunity for the whole family to have a go at giving traditional pictures a fresh new modern look. I encourage everyone to visit the museum as there is always something going on. So come along and see for yourself."
You may also want to watch:
The event is being delivered by Playworks.uk as part of Project Panda, bringing free play activities into North Devon. Funding has been provided by the Big Lottery Fund.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal