Easter art at North Devon Museum
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the items being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday. Between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the items being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday.
Between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North Devon Museum, which is funded by North Devon Council. Visitors can look at traditional bird and bloom designs as inspiration to create their own exotic birds and funky flowers.
A second session is also taking place between 2pm and 4pm on the Wednesday, April 14 to finish off work or to start something new.
Lead Member for Community and Leisure Councillor Dick Jones says: "This is the perfect opportunity for the whole family to have a go at giving traditional pictures a fresh new modern look. I encourage everyone to visit the museum as there is always something going on. So come along and see for yourself."
You may also want to watch:
The event is being delivered by Playworks.uk as part of Project Panda, bringing free play activities into North Devon. Funding has been provided by the Big Lottery Fund.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 10 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market