Easter art at North Devon Museum
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the items being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday. Between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the items being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday.
Between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North Devon Museum, which is funded by North Devon Council. Visitors can look at traditional bird and bloom designs as inspiration to create their own exotic birds and funky flowers.
A second session is also taking place between 2pm and 4pm on the Wednesday, April 14 to finish off work or to start something new.
Lead Member for Community and Leisure Councillor Dick Jones says: "This is the perfect opportunity for the whole family to have a go at giving traditional pictures a fresh new modern look. I encourage everyone to visit the museum as there is always something going on. So come along and see for yourself."
You may also want to watch:
The event is being delivered by Playworks.uk as part of Project Panda, bringing free play activities into North Devon. Funding has been provided by the Big Lottery Fund.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021