Easter art at North Devon Museum
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the items being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday. Between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the
FEATHERS, wool and felt are some of the items being used to give traditional images a unique and artistic twist at free activities this Easter holiday.
Between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday, April 7, special art and craft activities are taking place at the North Devon Museum, which is funded by North Devon Council. Visitors can look at traditional bird and bloom designs as inspiration to create their own exotic birds and funky flowers.
A second session is also taking place between 2pm and 4pm on the Wednesday, April 14 to finish off work or to start something new.
Lead Member for Community and Leisure Councillor Dick Jones says: "This is the perfect opportunity for the whole family to have a go at giving traditional pictures a fresh new modern look. I encourage everyone to visit the museum as there is always something going on. So come along and see for yourself."
The event is being delivered by Playworks.uk as part of Project Panda, bringing free play activities into North Devon. Funding has been provided by the Big Lottery Fund.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage