East Down village hall benefits from councillor grant
EAST Down Village Hall has a new outlook thanks to a grant from North Devon Council. Local Ward Member Councillor Joe Tucker has given �400 to the village hall from his Community Councillor Grant budget. The money has been used to replace a major window
EAST Down Village Hall has a new outlook thanks to a grant from North Devon Council.
Local Ward Member Councillor Joe Tucker has given �400 to the village hall from his Community Councillor Grant budget. The money has been used to replace a major window in the building.
Councillor Tucker said: "It gives me great pleasure to support the grant application from East Down Village Hall. It is such a well used building by all members of the community, as well as residents from the parish of Arlington.
"I am keen to support community projects such as the village hall as they are the life blood of rural communities and a focal point for many events and activities throughout the year."
You may also want to watch:
Philip Done, secretary of East Down Village Committee, said: "I am delighted that we have received the grant from North Devon Council. Now that we have the new double glazed window installed, the hall is dryer, much warmer and a lot easier to heat. We are all very grateful."
This year the council is providing �65,000 of funding to community and voluntary groups or organisations through the Community Councillor Grant scheme. Each councillor has �1,500 to spend on projects within their electoral ward each year.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
Any organisations that think they could also benefit from this local funding should contact the Grants Officer at North Devon Council on 01271 388426 or email email@example.com for further information.