Early parking Christmas present from Torridge District Council
TORRIDGE District Council is offering free parking in its town s pay and display car parks in the run-up-to Christmas. In consultation with local town councils and Chamber of Commerce, free parking days have been chosen to coincide with key events in the
TORRIDGE District Council is offering free parking in its town's pay and display car parks in the run-up-to Christmas.
In consultation with local town councils and Chamber of Commerce, free parking days have been chosen to coincide with key events in the local festive calendar, starting this Friday in Northam, Appledore and Westward Ho!
On Saturday, there's free parking in Bideford, and on Wednesday, December 16 it's the turn of Holsworthy. Torrington's free parking day will coincide with the town's Turkey day on Christmas Eve.
It is hoped the initiative will encourage people to shop locally this Christmas. Car parks included are all those run by Torridge District Council
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Geoff Lee, the district council's Lead Member for Parking Services, said: "More and more people are realising the benefits of shopping locally, and Christmas is the perfect time to back local businesses and to find all kinds of unique gift ideas.
"Small shops and businesses are the cornerstones of the Torridge economy, and we know that many are facing difficulties during this period.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
"The council is looking to save significant amounts of money in the coming months and years but is still sensitive to the needs of local residents and businesses. Offering free parking to shoppers before Christmas is just one initiative that the council is offering as a gesture of goodwill in these difficult times.