Early morning queue for new iPhone 4S
Barnstaple shoppers among the first to get their hands on the latest Apple product
A LARGE queue of technology enthusiasts keen to get their hands on the latest iPhone formed in Barnstaple High Street this morning (Friday).
The first fans of the new handset are understood to have started queuing outside the town’s O2 mobile phone shop at around 3.50am.
They were joined by around 15 customers by the time the shop opened at the earlier time of 8.02am.
O2 guru Lex Barrow, who works in the shop, said: “We had a really good opening event with goody bags and breakfast for customers.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been pretty busy all day and we expect to run out of new iPhones before the end of the day.”
The iPhone 4S goes on sale at shops around the country today.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat