Early morning queue for new iPhone 4S
Barnstaple shoppers among the first to get their hands on the latest Apple product
A LARGE queue of technology enthusiasts keen to get their hands on the latest iPhone formed in Barnstaple High Street this morning (Friday).
The first fans of the new handset are understood to have started queuing outside the town’s O2 mobile phone shop at around 3.50am.
They were joined by around 15 customers by the time the shop opened at the earlier time of 8.02am.
O2 guru Lex Barrow, who works in the shop, said: “We had a really good opening event with goody bags and breakfast for customers.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been pretty busy all day and we expect to run out of new iPhones before the end of the day.”
The iPhone 4S goes on sale at shops around the country today.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton