Early morning queue for new iPhone 4S
Barnstaple shoppers among the first to get their hands on the latest Apple product
A LARGE queue of technology enthusiasts keen to get their hands on the latest iPhone formed in Barnstaple High Street this morning (Friday).
The first fans of the new handset are understood to have started queuing outside the town’s O2 mobile phone shop at around 3.50am.
They were joined by around 15 customers by the time the shop opened at the earlier time of 8.02am.
O2 guru Lex Barrow, who works in the shop, said: “We had a really good opening event with goody bags and breakfast for customers.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been pretty busy all day and we expect to run out of new iPhones before the end of the day.”
The iPhone 4S goes on sale at shops around the country today.
- 1 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned