Earlier Sunday train on Tarka Line
AN earlier train is being added to the Sunday service on the Tarka Line, thanks to lobbying by the Tarka Rail Association and financial support from Devon County Council. The first train will run this Sunday from Exeter St Davids at 0839, arriving in Barn
AN earlier train is being added to the Sunday service on the Tarka Line, thanks to lobbying by the Tarka Rail Association and financial support from Devon County Council.
The first train will run this Sunday from Exeter St Davids at 0839, arriving in Barnstaple at 10am.
It will enable earlier long distance connections to London, the Midlands and North as well as into South Devon and Cornwall.
The service will also enable more time to be devoted to shopping in both Barnstaple and Bideford.
You may also want to watch:
John Phillips, chairman of Tarka Rail Association, said: "We are very grateful for the support of Devon County Council in meeting our aspiration and also to First Great Western and Network Rail to enable this train to run.
"I am sure it will be very popular as it gives many new travel opportunities. It brings to seven the total number of Sunday services along the line - the best ever that I can recall.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality