Earlier Sunday train on Tarka Line
AN earlier train is being added to the Sunday service on the Tarka Line, thanks to lobbying by the Tarka Rail Association and financial support from Devon County Council. The first train will run this Sunday from Exeter St Davids at 0839, arriving in Barn
AN earlier train is being added to the Sunday service on the Tarka Line, thanks to lobbying by the Tarka Rail Association and financial support from Devon County Council.
The first train will run this Sunday from Exeter St Davids at 0839, arriving in Barnstaple at 10am.
It will enable earlier long distance connections to London, the Midlands and North as well as into South Devon and Cornwall.
The service will also enable more time to be devoted to shopping in both Barnstaple and Bideford.
You may also want to watch:
John Phillips, chairman of Tarka Rail Association, said: "We are very grateful for the support of Devon County Council in meeting our aspiration and also to First Great Western and Network Rail to enable this train to run.
"I am sure it will be very popular as it gives many new travel opportunities. It brings to seven the total number of Sunday services along the line - the best ever that I can recall.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 4 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 5 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 8 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 North Devon Biosphere launches Nature Recovery Declaration