Duke’s gold for Matt
Former Barnstaple army cadet Matt Sanders,19, has received the Duke of Edinburgh’s gold award
from HRH Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, at a ceremony at St.James’ Palace in London.
The former Barnstaple cadet Staff Serjeant gained his award through participation in activities run by Devon Army Cadet Force.
Matt completed the required sections through participation in athletics, cadet service and by undertaking an expedition in Spain, as well as attending a leadership course and being a member of the ACF Corps of Drums.
He has now enrolled as an adult instructor and is parading as a member of both the South Molton and Corps of Drums detachments.
You may also want to watch:
The ACF offers many opportunities for personal development to young people aged 12 to 18 years. For more information, Google North Devon Army Cadet Force.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021