Duke’s gold for Matt
Former Barnstaple army cadet Matt Sanders,19, has received the Duke of Edinburgh’s gold award
from HRH Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, at a ceremony at St.James’ Palace in London.
The former Barnstaple cadet Staff Serjeant gained his award through participation in activities run by Devon Army Cadet Force.
Matt completed the required sections through participation in athletics, cadet service and by undertaking an expedition in Spain, as well as attending a leadership course and being a member of the ACF Corps of Drums.
He has now enrolled as an adult instructor and is parading as a member of both the South Molton and Corps of Drums detachments.
You may also want to watch:
The ACF offers many opportunities for personal development to young people aged 12 to 18 years. For more information, Google North Devon Army Cadet Force.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon