Duke’s gold for Matt
Former Barnstaple army cadet Matt Sanders,19, has received the Duke of Edinburgh’s gold award
from HRH Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, at a ceremony at St.James’ Palace in London.
The former Barnstaple cadet Staff Serjeant gained his award through participation in activities run by Devon Army Cadet Force.
Matt completed the required sections through participation in athletics, cadet service and by undertaking an expedition in Spain, as well as attending a leadership course and being a member of the ACF Corps of Drums.
He has now enrolled as an adult instructor and is parading as a member of both the South Molton and Corps of Drums detachments.
You may also want to watch:
The ACF offers many opportunities for personal development to young people aged 12 to 18 years. For more information, Google North Devon Army Cadet Force.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home