Drunk man makes woman feel like ‘prisoner’ in her car
- Credit: Archant
Man spat on the car after trying to get in it, before taking his shirt off and trying to hold hands with two children.
A WOMAN has described how she felt like ‘a prisoner in her car’ when a drunk Barnstaple man tried to open her car door.
Scott Rigler, 42, of Martin Road was described as ‘exceedingly drunk’ when he opened the passenger’s side door of a female victim’s car on the evening of October 10, before she was able to close and call the police.
The court heard a witness then saw Rigler walk over to a mother and her two children and try to hold their hands, before returning to the car to tell the victim ‘how beautiful she was’ and spitting on the car.
Rigler then took his shirt off and accosted another female before being stopped by police and arrested at 6.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Representing himself, Rigler said: “Sorry’s not good enough, I know, but I am sorry.”
Rigler was already subject to an 18 month conditional discharge from a conviction in April, which was revoked and re-imposed. He was also fined £285.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer