Drummer from The Damned will speak at Woolsery Weird Weekend
RAT SCABIES, drummer with punk rock band The Damned, will be one of the guest speakers at the Weird Weekend in Woolsery next month. He will tell his audience all about his search for the Holy Grail and will be among delegates at the world s largest gathe
RAT SCABIES, drummer with punk rock band The Damned, will be one of the guest speakers at the Weird Weekend in Woolsery next month.
He will tell his audience all about his search for the Holy Grail and will be among delegates at the world's largest gathering of monster and mystery researchers in the world.
Speakers from as far afield as Australia will talk on their adventures and discoveries.
They include cryptozoologist Tim Bull, otherwise known as Tim the Yowie Man, who will speak about his hunt for the Yowie, the Yeti-like ape man of the Australian bush.
You may also want to watch:
The Weird Weekend will take place at the Woolsery Sports and Community Hall from August 14-16. It is the tenth gathering to be organised by the Centre for Fortean Zoology, the world's only full-time scientific organisation dedicated to researching mystery animals.
It is based in Woolsery and its director, Jonathan Downes, will be announcing details of the organisation's latest expedition plans to track down a mystery beast.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Tickets for the three-day event cost �20 in advance or �25 on the door. More details are available at www.weirdweekend.org