Drugs seized in Barnstaple police raids
DRUGS with an estimated street value in excess of �700 were seized during police raids in Barnstaple on Friday morning. Police simultaneously targeted addresses in the Newport area of the town to execute search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Offi
DRUGS with an estimated street value in excess of �700 were seized during police raids in Barnstaple on Friday morning.
Police simultaneously targeted addresses in the Newport area of the town to execute search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Officers used door-enforcing equipment to gain entry to the residences in Town Walk and Allen Bank and seize a quantity of what is believed to be a class B drug from both properties.
PC James Rees, of Barnstaple Neighbourhood beat office, said: "These operations represent our commitment to target those who blight our communities with the menace of harmful, banned substances."
You may also want to watch:
"We will not tire in our efforts to both educate and enforce the message that those individuals who seek to harm our area will be targeted and placed before the courts."
A 40-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman were arrested for drugs offences and taken to Barnstaple Police station to assist officers with their enquiries.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
The man was charged and bailed to appear at Barnstaple Magistrate's Court on February 5. The woman was released from custody with no further action.