Drugs seized in Barnstaple police raids
DRUGS with an estimated street value in excess of �700 were seized during police raids in Barnstaple on Friday morning. Police simultaneously targeted addresses in the Newport area of the town to execute search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Offi
DRUGS with an estimated street value in excess of �700 were seized during police raids in Barnstaple on Friday morning.
Police simultaneously targeted addresses in the Newport area of the town to execute search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Officers used door-enforcing equipment to gain entry to the residences in Town Walk and Allen Bank and seize a quantity of what is believed to be a class B drug from both properties.
PC James Rees, of Barnstaple Neighbourhood beat office, said: "These operations represent our commitment to target those who blight our communities with the menace of harmful, banned substances."
You may also want to watch:
"We will not tire in our efforts to both educate and enforce the message that those individuals who seek to harm our area will be targeted and placed before the courts."
A 40-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman were arrested for drugs offences and taken to Barnstaple Police station to assist officers with their enquiries.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
The man was charged and bailed to appear at Barnstaple Magistrate's Court on February 5. The woman was released from custody with no further action.