Drugs seized in Barnstaple police raids
DRUGS with an estimated street value in excess of �700 were seized during police raids in Barnstaple on Friday morning. Police simultaneously targeted addresses in the Newport area of the town to execute search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Offi
DRUGS with an estimated street value in excess of �700 were seized during police raids in Barnstaple on Friday morning.
Police simultaneously targeted addresses in the Newport area of the town to execute search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Officers used door-enforcing equipment to gain entry to the residences in Town Walk and Allen Bank and seize a quantity of what is believed to be a class B drug from both properties.
PC James Rees, of Barnstaple Neighbourhood beat office, said: "These operations represent our commitment to target those who blight our communities with the menace of harmful, banned substances."
You may also want to watch:
"We will not tire in our efforts to both educate and enforce the message that those individuals who seek to harm our area will be targeted and placed before the courts."
A 40-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman were arrested for drugs offences and taken to Barnstaple Police station to assist officers with their enquiries.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
The man was charged and bailed to appear at Barnstaple Magistrate's Court on February 5. The woman was released from custody with no further action.