Drugs found in Fremington police raid
CANNABIS and growing equipment were seized during a police raid on a house in Fremington. The drugs were discovered in the loft of the property in Cross Close by officers executing a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act on Wednesday. PC Terry Hodg
CANNABIS and growing equipment were seized during a police raid on a house in Fremington.
The drugs were discovered in the loft of the property in Cross Close by officers executing a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act on Wednesday.
PC Terry Hodgson, neighbourhood beat manager for the Fremington area, said: "This warrant is one of a series of operations being carried within the Barnstaple area to address the use of drugs within our local communities.
"In addition to our proactive patrols within the area, we also encourage local communities to provide information that can assist us to target those who engage in such harmful activities.
You may also want to watch:
"Information can be provided to the Police in many ways including using the Crimestoppers number of 0800 555 111, or contacting local officers directly using e-mail or by telephoning 08452 777 444."
Police arrested a 36-year-old local man who was later released from Barnstaple Police station with a caution.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land