Drugs found in Fremington police raid
CANNABIS and growing equipment were seized during a police raid on a house in Fremington. The drugs were discovered in the loft of the property in Cross Close by officers executing a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act on Wednesday. PC Terry Hodg
CANNABIS and growing equipment were seized during a police raid on a house in Fremington.
The drugs were discovered in the loft of the property in Cross Close by officers executing a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act on Wednesday.
PC Terry Hodgson, neighbourhood beat manager for the Fremington area, said: "This warrant is one of a series of operations being carried within the Barnstaple area to address the use of drugs within our local communities.
"In addition to our proactive patrols within the area, we also encourage local communities to provide information that can assist us to target those who engage in such harmful activities.
You may also want to watch:
"Information can be provided to the Police in many ways including using the Crimestoppers number of 0800 555 111, or contacting local officers directly using e-mail or by telephoning 08452 777 444."
Police arrested a 36-year-old local man who was later released from Barnstaple Police station with a caution.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level