Drugs found in Fremington police raid
CANNABIS and growing equipment were seized during a police raid on a house in Fremington. The drugs were discovered in the loft of the property in Cross Close by officers executing a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act on Wednesday. PC Terry Hodg
CANNABIS and growing equipment were seized during a police raid on a house in Fremington.
The drugs were discovered in the loft of the property in Cross Close by officers executing a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act on Wednesday.
PC Terry Hodgson, neighbourhood beat manager for the Fremington area, said: "This warrant is one of a series of operations being carried within the Barnstaple area to address the use of drugs within our local communities.
"In addition to our proactive patrols within the area, we also encourage local communities to provide information that can assist us to target those who engage in such harmful activities.
You may also want to watch:
"Information can be provided to the Police in many ways including using the Crimestoppers number of 0800 555 111, or contacting local officers directly using e-mail or by telephoning 08452 777 444."
Police arrested a 36-year-old local man who was later released from Barnstaple Police station with a caution.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief