Drugs found in Fremington police raid
CANNABIS and growing equipment were seized during a police raid on a house in Fremington. The drugs were discovered in the loft of the property in Cross Close by officers executing a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act on Wednesday. PC Terry Hodg
CANNABIS and growing equipment were seized during a police raid on a house in Fremington.
The drugs were discovered in the loft of the property in Cross Close by officers executing a search warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act on Wednesday.
PC Terry Hodgson, neighbourhood beat manager for the Fremington area, said: "This warrant is one of a series of operations being carried within the Barnstaple area to address the use of drugs within our local communities.
"In addition to our proactive patrols within the area, we also encourage local communities to provide information that can assist us to target those who engage in such harmful activities.
You may also want to watch:
"Information can be provided to the Police in many ways including using the Crimestoppers number of 0800 555 111, or contacting local officers directly using e-mail or by telephoning 08452 777 444."
Police arrested a 36-year-old local man who was later released from Barnstaple Police station with a caution.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton