Half a kilo of cocaine and £30,000 seized by police in Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized half a kilo of cocaine and £30,000 in cash in Ilfracombe.
On Tuesday, May 26, police said they seized a large quantity of suspected cocaine and a large amount of cash from a man and a woman in the Hillsborough Road area.
A 22-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman from Ilfracombe and a 33-year-old man from Birmingham have been arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a Class A drug.
They have since been charged and remanded in custody, to appear in court tomorrow (Thursday, May 28).
Police said more searches in the Ilfracombe area were carried out with more items relating to drug supply seized. Searches were also being carried out in Birmingham as part of enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Superintendent Toby Davies tweeted: ‘Great work by officers and Ilfracombe is safer as a result’.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 I lost eight stone and an extreme risk of diabetes