Drop a dress size in aid of children’s hospice
Local councillor leads weight loss challenge by example
A NORTH Devon councillor is among a group of volunteers who have taken to the scales as part of a belly-busting fund-raising charity challenge.
Cllr Dave Butt is hoping to “Drop a Dress Size” in aid of the Children’s Hospice South West and is urging other people to do the same during the two-month sponsored weight loss campaign.
Armed with a tape measure and a set of weighing scales, he managed to sign up around 20 other willing volunteers during an official “weigh-in” event at the Barnstaple High Street branch of Marks and Spencer.
“I am delighted with the initial sign up response; the unusual angle on losing weight seemed to encourage people to give it a go,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the Marks and Spencer team for letting me use the store for the sign up and also to those staff members joining me in the challenge; there is still time for anyone to sign up and drop a dress size or two with me,” he added.
“It would be great if people joined me on this and together we lost pounds for ourselves but gained pounds for the life-limited children cared for at Children’s Hospice South West.”
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
Barnstaple Marks and Spencer general manager Stephen Deacon and staff member Luke Ferguson are among those who have signed up to take part in the challenge.
Participants are asked to raise sponsorship from family, friends and colleagues at �1 per pound lost. They will be able to discover how much weight they have lost at a second weigh-in at the store on Sunday, March 20.
To find out more about the Drop a Dress Size challenge, visit www.chsw.org.uk or call (01271) 325270.