Drop a dress size in aid of children’s hospice
Local councillor leads weight loss challenge by example
A NORTH Devon councillor is among a group of volunteers who have taken to the scales as part of a belly-busting fund-raising charity challenge.
Cllr Dave Butt is hoping to “Drop a Dress Size” in aid of the Children’s Hospice South West and is urging other people to do the same during the two-month sponsored weight loss campaign.
Armed with a tape measure and a set of weighing scales, he managed to sign up around 20 other willing volunteers during an official “weigh-in” event at the Barnstaple High Street branch of Marks and Spencer.
“I am delighted with the initial sign up response; the unusual angle on losing weight seemed to encourage people to give it a go,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the Marks and Spencer team for letting me use the store for the sign up and also to those staff members joining me in the challenge; there is still time for anyone to sign up and drop a dress size or two with me,” he added.
“It would be great if people joined me on this and together we lost pounds for ourselves but gained pounds for the life-limited children cared for at Children’s Hospice South West.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
Barnstaple Marks and Spencer general manager Stephen Deacon and staff member Luke Ferguson are among those who have signed up to take part in the challenge.
Participants are asked to raise sponsorship from family, friends and colleagues at �1 per pound lost. They will be able to discover how much weight they have lost at a second weigh-in at the store on Sunday, March 20.
To find out more about the Drop a Dress Size challenge, visit www.chsw.org.uk or call (01271) 325270.