Driving me up the wall
Why oh why can’t drivers, who are either visiting the hospital in Widgery Drive or work there, just take a minute of their time as they drive up there to notice the following.
Firstly, a disabled parking space outside of number 13 Widgery Drive where sadly no disabled driver can park because of some inconsiderate idiots who decide to park on the opposite side of the road to this space.
And also, secondly, to consider the fact that the way some drivers park up and down Widgery Drive, there is sometimes hardly any room to get through due to stupid parking.
There are large vans, lorries and dustbin lorries up and down our road every day of the week, but no one seems to think to leave spaces big enough to drive through.
We know there is a parking problem and Thursdays seem to be worse than the rest of the week. So couldn’t the council, or whoever, either look at the grass area by the hospital and make more parking spaces, or make appointments on other days, as everyone seems to be here on a Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
What a nightmare.
People are also driving in through the “no entry” sign (and I’m sure these people know who they are).
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
Only this week I saw staff that work at the hospital parking on the double yellow lines, no disabled badge showing, but I’m sure they think it’s OK for them.
This has been going on for far too long, and it’s becoming increasingly worse.
It’s about time our MPs and our council and our police came out, especially on a Thursday, and had a look at what goes on up Widgery Drive.