Drivers needed for Ilfracombe Car Service
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Busy service needs more volunteers to help get people to appointments
More volunteer drivers are needed to help run the One Ilfracombe Car Service.
The service helps residents get to non-local medical appointments and has proved very popular.
Volunteers are paid 45p per mile and need have their own car and be flexible.
Kate Shimmell, volunteer co-ordinator said “This is a lovely and rewarding opportunity for anyone who can spare some time to help, even if it’s just for one morning or afternoon a week, as getting to medical appointments can prove very difficult for a lot of people.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Kate Shimmell on 01271 855300 or email email@example.com
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer